The Invisalign treatment is a series of removable trays, custom made for you and totally invisible. Each tray, worn for 2-3 weeks, is programmed to gradually move your teeth. The patient has to wear the Invisalign tray during day and night, except for eating, brushing and flossing.
The Invisalign treatment is advantageous for several reasons:
- The treatment is virtually invisible.
- It is removable which means better hygiene: it is easier to brush and floss than the braces glued to the teeth.
- No dietary restrictions, unlike other orthodontic appliances.
- No metal that irritates the mouth.
- However, the Invisalign orthodontic treatment is not suitable for all patients as some occlusion problems are more complicated and require a different solution.
The treatment will only be effective if the trays are worn: the patient must be disciplined and always follow the instructions and wear it for the number of hours required, if not the treatment will not be effective.
The Invisalign treatment may be appropriate for teenagers in some cases. The appointments with Dr. Normand Bach are every 8 to 10 weeks to make adjustments to ensure the progress of treatment and put the new trays.
The duration of treatment varies from 6 months to 3 years depending on the complexity of the case.
Because Invisalign treatment isn’t appropriate for all cases, Dr Normand Bach, orthodontist has to check if Invisalign is right for you and to examine your occlusion during a consultation.